WordPress has come a long way since its humble beginnings, and the platform’s rising popularity shows no signs of slowing down.
However, WordPress’s reliance on images can become an issue when it comes to loading times and page speed, which means that your audience might bounce faster than you can say gigabyte if your images aren’t optimized properly.
Luckily, there are plenty of plugins available to help you get the most out of your images, resulting in fast-loading web pages that won’t deter visitors from engaging with your content.
WP Smush WordPress image optimization
This plugin automatically compresses all of your images as you upload them, and also has the ability to bulk smush 50 attachments at a time. It’s one of the most popular image compression plugins available, with over 1 million active installs.
EWWW Image Optimizer
This plugin automatically optimizes new images that you upload to your WordPress site. Plus, it can optimize all the images that are already on your website with just a few clicks.
It’s compatible with all major image formats and can even help you speed up your website if it’s currently running slow.
If you’re looking for a plugin that will make sure your images are always optimized, EWWW Image Optimizer is a great choice.
WP Rocket WordPress image optimization plugin
- WP Rocket is a great plugin for image compression. It’s easy to use and can help you speed up your website.
- Just install the plugin and activate it, then go to the settings page and select the compress images option.
- WP Rocket will automatically compress all of your images and save them in a separate folder.
- You can also specify which file types you want to compress, and how much compression you want to apply.
- WP Rocket also has a lazy load feature, which helps improve loading times even further by only loading images when they’re visible on the screen.
- Plus, it’s compatible with most caching plugins and is available in both free and premium versions.
Speed Booster Pack WordPress image optimization plugin
- This plugin is designed to help speed up your website by compressing your images and cached files.
- Speed Booster Pack is available as a free or premium version, with the latter offering more features like image optimization and database cleanup.
- If you’re looking for a plugin that will help you speed up your website, Speed Booster Pack is a great option.
Compress JPEG & PNG Images
- Install and activate the Compress JPEG & PNG Images plugin.
- After installation, you’ll find a new tab called Optimize Images in your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to the Optimize Images tab and select the image files you want to compress.
- Once you’ve selected the images, click on the Start Optimization button.
- The plugin will now compress your selected image files and save them to a new location.
- You can view a list of all optimized images by going to the History tab.
- That’s it!
ShortPixel Image Optimizer & CDN
- ShortPixel is a plugin that can help you automatically compress and optimize your images with the click of a button.
- It also includes a CDN so that your images are served from multiple locations around the world, which can help speed up loading times.
- ShortPixel is available as a free or premium version, with the latter offering more features such as bulk image optimization and support for PNG files.
- If you’re looking for a plugin that will automate image compression and deliver fast results, ShortPixel is worth considering.
- However, if you need more advanced features such as WebP conversion or automatic resizing, you may want to look elsewhere.
W3 Total Cache Plugin
W3 Total Cache is a powerful caching plugin that is available as a free and premium version. This plugin speeds up the loading of your pages by caching static files and eliminating the need to send requests to the server for each page load. The free version of this plugin is great for small sites, but if you have a large site or traffic spikes, you may need the premium version. Checkout other SEO tutorials And also subscribe to this youtube channel for new post notifications and updates